Hello Friends! I feel like I have a heavy weight lifted off of me! Why? Because I FINALLY finished my vocabulary bundle! I've been working on it forever (literally, almost forever-since last year...ssshh! I'm so embarrassed!). It's just such a big product that I've been adding to and deleting from until just this morning...until I felt it was JUST RIGHT to share with you!
I'm very proud of this bundle-122 pages of activities, graphic organizers, games, teaching ideas, word lists, parent letter, photos/samples, 200 vocabulary word cards I handpicked for my students to use in their writing and conversations.
50% off until tomorrow!!! Grab it now-you'll be set for the year! Click here.
Here are a couple of the teaching ideas included in the bundle:
Get your students excited about vocabulary!
- Use old magazines to cut up pictures of words that represent the vocabulary words.
- Letters of synonyms can be cut out too.
- Go over each chart to make sure they can justify their thinking for each word.
- Students can go on a “gallery walk” and check each chart to challenge any pictures they feel don’t match the vocabulary word.
- Use as a center, group work, whole class review.
All work has to be justified and discussed with their groups and the class. If they can justify their thinking I will leave the picture on the chart. This activity is a quick way to assess the depth of their understanding of their vocabulary words.
This activity is definitely a class FAVORITE!
GET OUT OF YOUR SEATS for a QUICK review game!
One of my sweet friends retired as our school psychologist a few weeks ago and I made her a retirement subway art and framed it. This way she can be reminded every day of all the things she'll get to enjoy and all the things she won't miss! LOL!
That's my Made-Its for the week. Go check out my pal Tara's linky party for so many great ideas!