Happy Friday everyone! And for some, Happy Spring Break! Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and Teaching Maddeness tonight!
1. The big reveal from my 2 Truths and 1 Lie is..... I was never a contestant on the Price is Right, but it has always been my dream! (Not as much since Bob retired). I owned a nail salon for about 5 years, great job while going to school-got to make my own schedule and create amazing nail art! And, I performed in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in high school when I was on the dance team-best field trip ever!
2. I appreciate all the positive feedback and comments about my newest creation Scan To Win Tickets! I have two winners! Congratulation ladies! I hope you love them!
3. My Super Hero Cape...doesn't every teacher have one??!! I just realized I never showed pictures of my cape from one of my first blog posts (someone just inquired)! Isn't it amazing? Check out my "M" with the heels? Come on, right? You can't help but smile right? I only wear this when I'm very serious about a teachable moment and need my "Super Powers"!!! :)
And, of course, it's reversible!!!!! Warning: very difficult to take photos of silver lamae-so shiny! I wear this side of my cape when I want my students to be "dangerous" thinkers!
See? It really does give me SUPER POWERS!
Thanks Sharron for making my Teaching Cape and this photo! I love it!
4. I made this Energy Fill-In for my students to rap up our energy unit in science. I can't believe how excited they got about this activity! They used their textbook, Sciencesaurus, and notes to complete their fill-in. Some used color, pencil, marker, drawings, facts, definitions-their creativity was amazing! (They asked if they could make one for every subject!) I told them...maybe, but I'm yelling YES!! in my head! You can pick up this freebie at my TPT store. If you download, please be kind and leave feedback.
Close up view of student sample:
5. Read Molly Bannaky, a short picture book biography, that tells the story a young woman who was sent to the American Colonies after escaping the punishment of death for spilling a pail of milk! The book focuses on indentured servants (first time exposure for my students) and slaves (a topic we've covered through multiple texts and articles this year). What a quick read to spark a lot of great discussion!
We completed a compare and contrast post-it template (photos tomorrow), part of my newest creation-the big reveal tomorrow! Hope you come back!
Hope you had a fantastic week!I'm officially on Spring Break!